Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fantikerz

TF2 is a Beautiful Game [GALLERY]

13 posts in this topic

I've taken a bunch of screenshots on TF2 over the past few months, and I've just spent an hour picking the best and tweaking them to better emphasize the more spectacular bits. TF2 really is an awesome looking game. Most of these were taken on the death screens when your view is zoomed in on your killer.

Enjoy. :(

P2209.jpg

=SoB= SM being a badass.

V9b6l.jpg

Bonked heavy.

R0PtI.jpg

Hats off to the heavy!

vJVkv.jpg

What's left of =SoB= Peter... typical.

SSAaE.jpg

Hooked jumping for joy. Only because he finally killed me.

5embi.jpg

Uber denied!

cYlF4.jpg

Can pyros fly?

IxIow.jpg

Solder... throwing rockets?

Noil3.jpg

SOOO... MUCH... BLOOD!

4pU1l.jpg

Run for it!

EDz8w.jpg

Try and catch me up here.

zCxTq.jpg

Pissy sniper.

EzQNN.jpg

Smug bastard.

VJOSv.jpg

KGB heavy.

9glzF.jpg

Firing one off.

kHn6f.jpg

Sentries just chillin'.

8nOnj.jpg

Spy sapped my sentry!

5Wdru.jpg

Engineer, stuck to wall.

OOe3j.jpg

Sniper criss-cross.

x1f1t.jpg

Simply a badass demo.

The full gallery is here.

I almost cried, what a view! I wish I had enough beef on my rig to achieve a better detail. And he used either thee F5 or Screenshot button when he got killed, which takes out all the name, score, and chat gibberish. I <3 TF2.

~Milk

If you save a .dem file, you can replay a match for very little HDD space, recording specific sections you want, or taking specific screenshots. This means if you have a weaker machine, you don't have to run Fraps consistently, and if you simply want screenshots, you can do awesome things like use the drive feature to get some amazing shots. If you want a specific guide on how to record and use .dems, as well as the features associated with it, I haven't got links to a text guide, but I do have links to a video guide. While the video is for L4D2, since the source engine is the same, it works the same.

The animation done by Valve in team fortress two is nothing short of beautiful. The shapes are easily identifiable, allowing instant recognition and response, possibly saving your life. The characters look absolutely wonderful, and the lighting and shadow effects they applied stops bleeding into backgrounds. Team Fortress 2 is without a doubt a great example of how to make a beautiful game without having an ultra "OMG REALISM" feel.

Tl;dr: use .dems, learn to read long posts, since mine was short as hell.