Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fantikerz

Battlefield 4

23 posts in this topic

So EA has been ramping up their marketing efforts for BF4, and what they've put out makes it look like BF3 was just a beta for BF4.

There are lots of subtle improvements to the multiplayer gameplay and UI. You can dive underwater, there are actually formidable waves in the water, buildings are even more destructible, and there's a new PRC faction with new guns and vehicles. 

Battlefield 4: Official "Siege of Shanghai" Multiplayer Trailer

Battlefield 4: Official "Paracel Storm" Multiplayer Trailer

I'm not sure if I'm in the minority here, but I love Battlelog, and I wish more multiplayer games took note. I like being able to view stats, talk to friends, and use the serverbrowser without actually having to launch the resource intensive game. Now it looks like we can access these features in-game, and even more so now on our phones. Having the Battlelog mobile app directly connected to the game allows you to join new servers from your phone and have a live minimap under your screen.

Battlefield 4: Official Battlelog Features Video

Oh, and command mode looks like an interesting RTS element. It'll be interesting to see how they handle implementing it on consoles, and whether or not that means "dumbing things down" for the PC and its more precise mouse and keyboard. It'll also be interesting to see if people actually follow the commander's instructions or just lone wolf like usual. It's rare in public games, but being in squads that actually communicate and delegate (where the squad leader actually LEADS), makes the game so much more fun and the team that you're on unstoppable.

Battlefield 4: Official Commander Mode Trailer

Sorry to be a fanboy, but I think Battlefield 4 kicks the shit out of CoD: Ghosts. I'm wondering if anyone has pre-ordered or is planning to get it this October? Between this and GTA5, I don't think I'll need any other games this fall. I may even withhold my next gen console purchase because I foresee being so enamored with BF4 on the PC. I've already preordered both.
Matt K0re and Feinraf like this

I want to, but I don't want to get it on 360. So I won't be getting it for a while. But it looks much fun.

On a different note, I'm colonel 90 on Battlefield 3! :smile:

And I also agree with you on the team/squad aspect of the game. I usually find I get auto-paired into a squad that either all have the same squad ability, are all snipers (and there is no need for more than 1 sniper per team), or just people wanting kills. But when I'm in a good sqaud (aka with friends) we usually just task ourselves with objectives or even compete to see who gets the most objectives - that is to say, flags/m-coms rather than kills.

Are you planning on getting it on the Xbox One? They'll let you upgrade your 360 version to One (for $10 in the US) and your stats will transfer over. The $10 is an Amazon deal, however I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon UK offered something similar. Neither MS nor EA have announced release dates yet though, so it's probably a good idea to hold off since they might come out on the same day for all we know.

So when CoD brings out a new version it's a waste of money because it's the same game with a few improvements.

When Battlefield brings out a new game it 'look like BF3 was just a beta for BF4'.

Obviously I'm not quoting you on the top line, just stating the general consensus.

Anyway, I prefer BF over CoD and won't be getting neither. Plan on getting BF4 eventually just not right away, I won't play it enought to justify the money.

My xbox scratched my multiplayer disc.

After giving Siri my instructions on what to attempt to post on twitter, I decided not to try and rub the disc with toothpaste. A friend will be coming over to install his copy of the game to be xbox, and them I will be fine.

Yours wistfully imposed,

Harold klitcknokevitkovavotchlabogaarov Of Cleveland, United Kingdom

Blockbuster in my town has just closed down, so I couldn't do that . Sucked.

Modern warfare 2 was a good one. Have you heard about Ghosts PS4 dropping frames significantly? Makes me go "ha!" Then "why the hell is Ghosts on ps4 on sale weeks ahead of ps4 launch? (EU)

But yeah, I'm still waiting on my guaranteed next day delivery from amazon. AGAIN.

So far I'd say I love Battlefield 4 way more than CoD: Ghosts. The gameplay is so much more fun, and in my opinion, the controls are a little easier for me. Origin is still trying to fix some of their problems that i know of, because every once in awhile, when i go to jump on and play multiplayer, it says i need to sign in to my Origin account and also says that i need to be connected to the internet. Other than that though, I love Battlefield 4.

Yeah it definitely is a very pretty game. i love it a lot on the ps4, all the different modes are so much fun. i'm still having difficulties with flying helicopters though haha. And i haven't even thought twice on flying a jet just yet.