Feinraf

[RS07] Meet your Old School J-Mods

13 posts in this topic

The Jmods that work on RS07 will be visiting areas of Runescape in-game and we can meet them and talk to them.

Are you too chicken to talk to J-Mods? Well you need to be. The J-Mod team working on Old School Runescape will be heading in game this week so we can meet some players.

Of course, if you want to ask us a question, you will need to be dressed as a chicken. There's something about the clucking noise and the feathers that J-Mods just can't ignore. Fortunately, you can now get the chicken outfit through the Easter update.

Getting to know and understand the Old School community is something we are passionate about and we think this is one of the best ways we can do this.

There will be visits by three J-Mods, Mod Nexus and Mod Ash, the Old School Developers and myself the Old School Community Manager. Below is where and when you will find us.

Tuesday 26th March

Midday GMT Varrock Square - world 333 - Mat K

4pm GMT Varrock Square - world 333 - Nexus

Wednesday 27th March

4pm GMT Varrock Square - world 333 - Ash

7pm GMT Varrock Square - world 333 - Mat K

Thursday 28th March

11am GMT Varrock Square - world 333 - Ash

3pm GMT Varrock Square - world 333 - Nexus

6pm GMT Varrock Square - world 333 – Mat K

I don't know if this is the same at Jagex, but at most studios, the staff members that are points of contact for the community are typically not the ones that actually work on the game. There are plenty of guys that are busy plugging away at updates I'm sure. Everyone has a task and for some it's community management.

I do know that at EA's studios (DICE, Maxis), the people that are involved with the communities also have special PR training. Their job is not only to have a presence, but also to bring up good user ideas during team meetings.

Source: I've seen a few job postings for such positions (overall it seems like a shitty job, btw).

That's not their job though. I highly doubt Jagex has programmers talking to regular game players. They are probably community support staff. I think it's wonderful that Jagex has staff supported to 07 that aren't just game developers but who are game support as well.

ash and nexus are the content devs, mat k is cm.

You guys should actually talk to them, they are awesome ppl, ash especially is one of the best content devs at jagex. They are doing it because they care about the community and don't want to shy away from talking to them.

tbh unless you're a sponsored fan site, your best bet is runefest for an interview  :wink:

If you just wanna say hi, the meetups will be swamped yes so just add them and pm them when they pop online to test something.