Maxy

Wii U

33 posts in this topic

It's here, the Wii U will be released sometime in 2012.

Now I hate to say it but it looks really really cool. Major developers are already planning for it, such as EA, Bandai Namco and Disney Interactive amonsgt others.

It has HD ability, and plays with no *latency issues and fully compatible with current Wii games. You can take the game around the house... the example used was: Playing Mario, then they want to watch baseball. The sibling playing Mario simply turns channel and "grabs" the game from screen to screen. The best description of it I can think of is an iPad with PSP features on either side, buttons on the bottom, HD graphics and gyros to enable "shield play". I don't have any links right now, so browse any E3 sites for more info.

I don't like the look of the Wii u...

It seems rather silly in a way... it's basically another hand held I'd say but my problem is, where is the disc? is the controller bit itself the console? In which case, that's going to be so damn easy to break and so expensive to repair...

I don't see Nintendo doing much in the way of graphics... So far, Nintendo seem to have neglected to advance in graphics on games...

It is cool that you can just swap from the TV to the hand held so you can watch TV while playing a game but that's really the only part of this that I like... I don't see myself buying one tbh... But I'll probably end up with it since in my future flat with my friends, we'll need all the consoles in order to play all the games, review them and so on...

There's only 1 thing I want Nintendo to do and I want them to do it with Microsoft and Sony, and that's making a massive Pokemon game that can be played using the Wii, PS Move and Kinect. Who would say no to moving your arm as if you were throwing a pokeball and shouting out commands to a pokemon on the kinect? I'm sure the PS Move and Wii can have some kind of voice recognition in order to be about the same only with a couple of clubs in your hands.

Although some aspects of it look really sweet, like the aiming for a shooting game etc it does seem rather unnecessary. I have never found myself playing on my Nintendo DS while watching the football, I don't think I'll find myself playing on the Wii while its on either :L

Some Videos

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-wii-u/715104

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-wii-u/715096

Edit:

Just adding onto what Ossy has said about the disk, if the disk needs to be in the actual Wii console, does this mean you have a limit to how far away from the wii you have been, this also limits you to playing in your living room / house. So it can't be used just as a normal portable console. :/

~Chris

I did a tiny bit of research and have found out that it's graphics are significantly upgraded from the Wii.

It will offer newer games (Wii U Games) and will be backwards compatible with the original Wii Games (not sure about GameCube though..)

It acts as its own controller scheme. (This can be seen during the sports/ninja star/aiming thing during the E3 2011 Trailer)

I might look forward to buying it....it's been confirmed that a new SMASH BROS is being made. :D

Hopefully the new super smash bros game doesn't get held back for like forever like brawl was... but I can't wait til it comes out :) (Hopefully giygas will be a boss this time!)

I don't get how the controls are going to work tho for like shooting games tho... and I wonder if it can support ds games... even tho it doesnt have 2 screens but whatever, i think this was made tbh to expand the life-cycle of the wii.