Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
i_1_20

Bonus xp weekend #3

27 posts in this topic

We’re happy to announce that an extended Bonus XP Weekend will be running from the 11th to 13th March 2011! Members should stock up on planks, potion ingredients, raw materials and more in preparation to get the most out of the three days.

Once the Bonus XP Weekend begins on Friday 11th March, the XP modifier will come into effect for all members. The modifier will begin at x2.7 the rate of XP you would earn from standard training activities, and will drop to a new multiplier every 30 minutes of game time. The table below should help with any preparations you want to make:

Game time (mins) XP Multiplier Up to 30 x 2.7 30-60 x 2.55 60-90 x 2.4 90-120 x 2.25 120-150 x 2.1 150-180 x 2.0 180-210 x 1.9 210-240 x 1.8 240-270 x 1.7 270-300 x 1.6 300-330 x 1.5 330-360 x 1.45 360-390 x 1.4 390-420 x 1.35 420-450 x 1.3 450-480 x 1.25 480-510 x 1.2 510-540 x 1.175 540-570 x 1.15 570-600 x 1.125 600+ x 1.1 The ‘XP’ button will change to ‘XP+’ when the weekend begins, tracking how much XP you rack up over the course of the weekend, and it will have a tooltip to show you what your current XP modifier is.

Summoning XP will be boosted by a set percentage of 10% over the course of the four days; all other skills will follow the schedule noted in the table above.

To get a clearer idea of what actions will and will not be modified by the Bonus XP Weekend, and for more information in general, please read this developer blog.

Mod Fetzki

Head of RuneScape

Discuss. I don't know what skills to do atm, but I might to herblore first...

Magic for Moi.

My magic has been 85 for a long time, not too long ago i bought like 10k fire waves, got 2 levels. Was told alching would be better so I bought 20k alchs, only alched 1k before i got bored and then my friend told me to just do string jewellery. Lose less money per cast, can cast more that what I could when alching rune arrows so yah. I'm now buying a bunch of string jewellery casts.

Currently: 87.

Goal: at least 91, at most 96.

tbh, I don't see why people think training a free skill like thieving or agility is better to do on a BxpW. You should be training a skill that is expensive because you're getting levels for less money than others who trained it. Can't do Prayer or Summ of course though, can't use bones on an altar and Summ is nerfed since the first BxpW. Wish I had more charms and cash to train it at that point but nevermind.

SQUAW

Feinraf likes this

@Bos

The last double xp weekend, i did that and everyone was like

You wasted your double xp

Why do i care? maybe i wanted to get up my firemaking level a little (which i did) and i liked it, so i hope it doesn't happen again since i'm going to be training agility this time.

Pretty sure if you read my post about why it's probably wiser to do a paid skill than a free skill, you'll know that people are likely to say you wasted the xp because you trained something that is usually free or just too easy to train in general, which applies to: Agility, Fire Making, Thieving, Attack, Strength, Defence, Constitution, Woodcutting. I suppose Dungeoneering in a way too but I'm not sure about that one. Probably missing some skills there but never mind.

Kardh0re, you should buy fruit tree seeds and tree seeds and plant them in order to check their health on the weekend. Get a lot of xp that way considering it can take so few trees to level up farming.

So you can farm while you train thieving. So I'd bring a pharoh's sceptre along with the teleports to llyeta, varrock, falador, lumbridge, brimhaven (chipped teletab), taverly (chipped teletab) Tree Gnome Village, Gnome Stronghold and Catherbury.

Pretty sure there's another tree spot tbh. Something to do with that new herblore minigame thing. But yeah. If you do this, be sure to bring payment for the farmers so your trees don't die!

Only if I activated my runescape membership card a week later... Might go through bonus exp as a f2per, which won't really benefit me as much.

Everything is 2.7x but Summon. Those drain every 30 minutes or so until it's down to lowest 1.1x value.

Summoning I think is always 1.2x at most so it's best to train that skill AFTER you used all of your bonus experience.

If you're into Dungeoneering the best method is to head there with plans to log on to Ventrilo with friends, have 1 person rush and take 1 for the team by wasting experience boost killing a boss and rushing a large floor every 45 minutes. Only log on after the boss dies and the floor countdown timer is going then you can potentially retain 2.7x experience the full 3 days.

This is what I plan for this year:

Everyone can log in for 5 seconds so I can form a party. After a floor begins everyone logs off. Log in every 15 minutes to keep in the party, then log back out until AFTER I solo the floor and boss 45 minutes per floor. This will grant you 2.7x the FULL value of every floor and if you only log in for the end of every floor you can retain that 2.7x bonus for the full 3 days (hypothetically speaking). Yew asked Paul Gower and he says it's not bug abuse, it's perfectly legit, so we can log out and not lose bonus xp and only have 1 rusher for every 4 leechers. ;)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0