Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roflolxp54

Favorite Handheld System

Favorite Handheld System   9 members have voted

1. 1. What is/are your favorite modern handheld systems?

• GBA
    • GBA SP
    • Nintendo DS
    • Nintendo DS Lite
    • Nintendo DSi
    • Nintendo DSi XL
    • Nintendo 3DS
    • PSP

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 posts in this topic

Very easy and should have been here a long time ago...

Just answer the poll and possibly post here your thoughts and opinions on your favorite handheld systems shown here!

Obviously it is the game boy classic, why? Because i grew up with one of those. Yes, i am old enough to have had one when it first came out and it was the shit! You don't have it up there so i voted psp as this is the most underrated hand held i can think of and imo, it beats all nex gen game boys hands down. Game boys tend to aim at a younger market and i like to blow shit up.

GBA and DS can't really be compared, released on differebnt decades completely D: And surely the "DS" is just the same but different? It's like comparing the taste of two different branded waters.

iPod Touch and iPhone arnt included? iPod Touch has many many many more games than all other handhelds combined! I grew up with the GBC, GBA (original not that SP crap), and first gen DS. These consoles where the shit for their time but IMO they dont even hold a candle to the iPod / iPhone. :( sorry to rant but iPod Touch is just as much a handheld as any other.

GBA SP, and Nintendo DSi. I remember getting my first handheld console, which was a GBA SP, and I had a Pokémon game. I really loved it, and I still remember it, as if I had it yesterday. Nintendo DSi, because one of my friends, who's like a sister to me, has it, and we used to play a lot of Super Mario games on it, it was really enjoyable. My cousins have one too, and I played that too. I have played PSP before, one of my friends has it, but I'd prefer GBA SP or Nintendo DSi.

This should have been in the starter post but my favorites are the DSi (since I own one), and the GBA (original or SP) because alot of good games are for those systems. I would like the 3DS (after I see how it is) because of the 3D graphics option that does not require 3D glasses. :)

iPod Touch and iPhone arnt included? iPod Touch has many many many more games than all other handhelds combined!

To me, I feel handhelds and mobiles shouldn't be lumped in the same category. DS/PSP is handheld, phones/tablets is mobile and should really be two separate categories.

OT: As for modern systems, I enjoy games for the DS (Pokémon, Mario, etc), but I feel that the PSP/PS Vita has more to offer in terms of software and hardware than the DS.

I don't know, in the App Store, games make up a significant portion of the sales. While most of them are casual, it sort of suits the purpose of a handheld. The goal isn't to get a hardcore gaming session in, but rather to whip it out in a waiting room and pound out a few levels.

Maybe in our youth the Gameboy/DS/PSP made more sense since we had less to do and fewer places to go, but now that most of us are on the move it makes sense to classify the iPhone you always have in your pocket as a handheld gaming system.