44 posts in this topic

@feainraf

Award Name: Lurker

Description: Always seems to be logged into the forums

Icon (optional, we'll pick one otherwise): -

LURK MOAR?

Feinraf likes this

Award Name: Moderator Potential

Description: Has corrected posters of their mistake on more then one occasion.

Icon (optional, we'll pick one otherwise): The Icon I Chose

This doesnt mean you will be a mod soon or ever. It just means that you understand the rules and you correct people when they do something wrong.

I think me and Feinraf should have this reward because i have seen Fein correct some people and i have done the same if you dont notice.

EDIT 7/29/10: So is this a yes or no?

O_o There isnt anything wrong with this one. I know there is the reputation system but that has nothing to do with what this is about. Its about telling people what they did wrong. Not plusing people cause of their epic post.

Oh and Matt could have it because i remember him correcting noobs as well.

Although that is an easy way to get your post count up. If you see something that's correctable, use the forum reports (for something against the rules, such as quoting too much or spamming.) Otherwise, you can just tell a mod. Otherwise, if it's nothing serious, leave it be.

Another admin or mod could correct me, these are my views.

That reward has nothing close to do with that. Its not trying to be a mod at all. That is completely off what its about but okay.. Its just a reward.

I've just been seeing Fein, Matt, and I correcting people on more then 1 occasions. So i thought of this. It has nothing to do with being a mod or trying to be one.

Matt and Fein might disagree also but this is just my "suggestion".

dunno if we're still taking suggestions or even bothering giving these awards =P buuut how about awards for making many posts?

Not sure if it should double each time, could just go up in 250s but for now, i'll double from 250 to 2000

Award Name: Postman/Postwoman

Description: Made 250 Posts on the GamingHeavens Forum

Icon (optional, we'll pick one otherwise): The page is dead and I couldn't see them anyway =P

Award Name: Post Compiler

Description: Made 500 Posts on the GamingHeavens Forum

Icon (optional, we'll pick one otherwise):

Award Name: Millennium Poster

Description: Made 1000 Posts on the GamingHeavens Forum

Award Name: Posting Connoisseur

Description: Made 2000 Posts on the GamingHeavens Forum

considering it's taken me a long time to get to 1000, getting to 2000 for anyone will take another year I bet so we wouldn't have to worry about further awards for a good long time.

ALSO, I'm not sure about the names...

@Ossy,

I am sure someone already suggested something like this, maybe not, but If they did, I also remember the reply being something along the lines of 'poinless, as it would incourage spam and also we have the titles etc already'

@Steryts

This is already an award. :/

Yeah that was Ace's suggestion and you're reply... But that was, every 100 posts... this is at 250, then 500, then 1000, then 2000... I really doubt it'd encourage spam THAT much and we have titles for posting up to an extent... When does the title stop? somewhere between 100 and 500 posts probably... So what's after you reach the max? nothing... and also there are those who have a different title. DJ, Donator, Moderator, and so on.

a reward for every 100 posts is a bad idea, but on an incline of 250 posts to 2000 posts, that's an achievement isn't it?

Fair point. Can I also ask, if you had just say 500 posts. Would you get the 250 post award and the 500 post award, or would the 500 post award replace the 250. Because I think that would then make it kinder easier to get the award whore awards if you get all of them. I still sort of think its rather pointless though. But if these get made, I won't be complaining, put it that way! :P

In an ideal world, it would encourage posting, and not spamming. But everyone knows there will be someone..

~Chris

It is to my knowledge that only KardH0re has tier 1. With me and you both being one off.

The way it works is, when you get 10 awards, you get tier 1, which brings you to 11, if we had the post wh0re awards too and they worked in a way where you got a lot more than one at once, it would be easier, but then another way to look at it is, if you have 1000 posts, do you not deserve all 3/4/however many?

Like you say its up to the admin/gmod who makes them and gives them out.

~Chris

Award Name: Poser!

Description: Posts lots of photos of themselves in Faces Behind the Names!

Icon (optional, we'll pick one otherwise): We can no longer access the icons folder although it is still there, so the 404 lies.

Daniel gave me the idea for suggesting this, after we realised just how many pictures Ossy has posted! Ossy would certainly need this..

Oh, and when I talked to you earlier @Fant, I may not have been clear, but I was hoping you would make the Lurker award too.

~Chris

Sorry if this is a lil late but....

Award Name: *Nerdrage* (I cant think of any other name, sorry :( )

Description: Has shown his inner gamer through his prestige. (I'll explain)

Icon (optional, we'll pick one otherwise): dont know :s

What I mean by prestige is what is shown how much time you take on games. I think it should have a variety of requirments but you only need like one of them instead of like all of them... (or maybe even a tier system? :o)

These requirments should be something like this: 2000 total level on rs; (something from wow maybe, but I have never played it *facepalm*);

Mined over 250 diamond on the gaming heavens server on survival (I don't know if this would work well tho); Call of duty prestige 10; ect

I'm sorry if this idea has already been taken (I cant find where you can see what rewards are what, but i've read this thread) or

if its too hard (but that's the point)... I hope you put this up tho, it would be cool and fits in into the community