4 replies to this topic

#1 Squall

Squall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:04 AM

Personally, I believe not.
"Sometimes in this world, all we need is a cause. We must find a cause worth fighting for, and defend it until the day we pass."

Ich werf ein licht,
in meine gesicht,
ein heisser schrei,
FEUER FREI!

#2 Feinraf

Feinraf

Administrator

• Group Image Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

I'm all for trying to start debates, especially political ones but seriously dude, if you're going to start a debate, at least include some information yourself on what the debate is about. 'Personally, I believe not' is a shitty answer and gives no reasoning. Not to mention that the debate at hand is a little out of date, didn't he drop out like back in April or something?

I don't mean to sound harsh but this topic just sucks,

I am however going to leave this topic open so if anyone wants to carry on the debate with a more meaningful post, feel free.

#3 Matt K0re

Matt K0re

Robot Wulras

• 946 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

As Chris has said: Nothing wrong with a good debate.

Here's where I see the problem:
Santorum made the vast majority of his campaign issues dealing with religion. As much fun as I have debating religion with others, I'd prefer to keep it off of gamingheavens because of the way religious people treat their religion. To avoid any unnecessary butthurt, let's keep this topic strictly political and economical. Social issues are OK as well, but please, please refrain from bringing religion into the mix.

Just want to stop it before it happens.

matt.png

#4 Fantikerz

Fantikerz

Administrator

• 1,129 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:34 AM

Santorum was never a serious candidate.

How do we know this? Because the GOP knows they can't beat the incumbent. Obama's second term has been locked in for a few years. Besides his stance on gay marriage (which is awesome), there have been no major fuckups that the GOP can really point to and use against him. They're saving their serious candidates for 2016 when Obama is gone for good. That'll be the year that the floodgates open - 2012 is just a circus of a formality.

Rick Santorum wouldn't have gotten past the primaries had this been the 2016 cycle. He ended up alienating many voter groups [source] and was clueless/delusional on the important issues like Matt said - only serving to please the fanatics in small communities (like mine, when he visited). Mitt kicked his ass in the primaries anyway.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Matt K0re

Matt K0re

Robot Wulras

• 946 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

A napkin is a napkin!

He really had no standout traits, besides appealing to heavily catholic areas. Anyone who wants to blur the line in between the separation of church and state is a no-go for me. Ron Paul kicked everyone's asses, but somehow that didn't go through to the primaries.

matt.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users