#1 Steryts - Jake

Steryts - Jake

Wise Wyvern

• Group Image Voiced
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:43 AM

Going to see Deaf Havana tonight.

Probably none of you have heard of them. They're a rock/soft screamo band, and I was thinking of helping them out by posting some of their videos on this forum. So, why not take a look at them and tell me what you think of them? I'll even post their new song. Haha.
They're quite a new band, I guess. They've been about since 2007. They really deserve the popularity. Their songs need to be more known.
Just have a listen. Won't hurt. It's something alternative to the Skillet and Disturbed you lot listen to.

Posted Image

#2 Trigve

Trigve

Full Time Lurker

• Group Image Teamspeak Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:49 PM

Hipster Alert!

Anyways, I gave the songs a listen, and there isn't really much unique about them. The problem with rock after 2000 is there isn't a lot of room for expanding and experiment left without crossing genres. I grew up with classic rock, hard rock, grunge and alternative rock influences from my parents, and found heavy metal by myself. I love rock and roll. These guys don't have anything that separates them from the hundreds of other bands that are just like them. I'm not saying they are bad by any means, just that they're aren't unique or notable, and that's mostly what I'm looking for in new rock acts.

That being said, rock shows are always kick ass no matter how generic the band is, so have a good time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users