17 replies to this topic

#1 Earth

Earth

Full Time Lurker

• Group Image Voiced
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:01 PM

The Sims has been my favourite game since it was still The Sims.

who am i kidding.....I never have a chance to play The Sims 2, and I got freak out badly when one of my sim in The Sims died.....
....but i end up liking this game in many ways! Now that i have a chance to play The Sims 3, and got my first expansion pack, The Sims 3: Wolrd Adventures, I'd like to open this as a topic to discussion.
Currently, my patch died, and i have no chance of re-installing it just yet, but I'm sure people will have more topic on this. This post is free on discussion on The Sims 3 base game and all expansion pack. I'll keep coming back to check once i have my game re-installed, which will be about a month or so. Meanwhile....

Enjoy =)

#2 Feinraf

Feinraf

Administrator

• Group Image Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:23 PM

I had The Sims for ps2 and PC but didnt play it too much, my favourite was Sims: Bustin Out. Loved that game and played it a lot (for ps2). Although I don't own Sims2, I liked it a bit when I played it at a friends, but wouldnt buy any of the future Sims games, well certainly not sims2 or 3.

#3 Rule_Skylar

Rule_Skylar

Full Time Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:34 AM

Sims 3 is an awesome simulation and the expansion packs really made it look more "realistic" in sims terms

Skiller/Warrior

Awesome Possum

SKYLAR
Posted Image

#4 Prakas

Prakas

Full Time Lurker

• Group Image Voiced
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:35 PM

I played Sims 2 once but that was a long time ago. Haven't played any since then. Have fun with it, It's a great game ^_^

#5 Dr_Dornon

Dr_Dornon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

I have The Sims for PC, used to play The Sims 2 all the time for PS2 and I also own The Sims 3 for PC. I love The Sims games. Not so big on buying every expansion pack, but may pick up a few here and there.

In my opinion, it's a great game and is a fun way to spend countless hours. Well worth it.

#6 Feronix

Feronix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:03 AM

I had Sims3 for the pc, but the only thing I like about it is building enormous villa's, really :D
Posted Image

#7 Earth

Earth

Full Time Lurker

• Group Image Voiced
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:58 AM

The Sims 3 Base Game was alright, good old sims games
The Sims 3 World Adventure: Awesome!!!!!
The Sims 3 Ambition: was great too!!!

I never really play the sims 2, though, i heard it was better than the sims 3, so i can't really say much about that. but i do enjoy playing the sims 3 (except for Late Night pack, that one is full of bugs) I'm really looking forward to more of them =)

#8 Fantikerz

Fantikerz

Administrator

• 1,130 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:58 AM

Finally got around to getting The Sims 3 and the expansion packs on Steam after playing a lot of The Sims 2 a few years ago. Really digging the new game play mechanics. Opportunism, jobs vs. professions, and such do a good job of breaking up the monotony. I do however miss the mechanics from Open for Business. It was pretty fun running a shop from your own lot and earning income from that from which you could hire employees and whatnot. Oh, and the weather from Seasons was pretty neat too. I suppose they'll release those EPs in due time...

It just sucks that EA is basically raping their customer's wallets with every new pack. Eh.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 ELTominater

ELTominater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:43 PM

i played sims 3 once, all of my people died in a fire.
Posted Image

#10 Earth

Earth

Full Time Lurker

• Group Image Voiced
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:43 AM

i played sims 3 once, all of my people died in a fire.

.........D= NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh btw, my computer sucks, so I won't be playing the game until I got my new laptop, then I'll continued my project: Inferno Clan, the ultimate Sims *dun dun dun*

p.s. you all just lose the game, gf

#11 KyleD

KyleD

Sporadic Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:01 AM

Ive just uninstalled The Sim's takes up a rather large portion of my hard which could be used for other stuff, but still a decent set of games tho like Fant said its a Shame they rip people off with the add on packs, they should be free or half the cost if you have the game.

#12 Earth

Earth

Full Time Lurker

• Group Image Voiced
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:19 PM

Ive just uninstalled The Sim's takes up a rather large portion of my hard which could be used for other stuff, but still a decent set of games tho like Fant said its a Shame they rip people off with the add on packs, they should be free or half the cost if you have the game.

I agreed on to the fact that they rip off people with these add-on pack. Stuff packs, for me especially, are the most annoying one, as its purpose is only to added more stuff on to the game, some which we don't actually needed that much. However, the company have to make more money as well, so I wouldn't think it should be "free" for those who owned the game. Also, it is state on both expansion and stuff pack "*Required The Sims 3 to play", so it is expected for those who buy the pack to actually owned the game, so that point is invalid in the first place.

This is why EA games made the expansion packs to be cheaper than the actual game, and the stuff packs are even cheaper.

#13 Feinraf

Feinraf

Administrator

• 2,455 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:07 PM

I've just bought The Sims: Medieval a couple of weeks back, me and my girlfriend enjoy playing it together, she decorates the houses and I do the medieval missions. Fun.

~Chris

#14 Maxy

Maxy

Fine Scented Candle

• Group Image Forum Mods
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:52 PM

You guys are aware that you don't have to buy everything a game company sells, right?
Posted Image Posted Image

#15 Fantikerz

Fantikerz

Administrator

• 1,130 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:44 PM

Except for Valve.

Valve is awesome.

OBEY VALVE.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#16 Earth

Earth

Full Time Lurker

• Group Image Voiced
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:48 PM

w

You guys are aware that you don't have to buy everything a game company sells, right?

what i said and that =P

#17 Maxy

Maxy

Fine Scented Candle

• Group Image Forum Mods
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:26 AM

@Earth,

I'm afraid I don't understand what you said there.
Posted Image Posted Image

#18 Dr_Dornon

Dr_Dornon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:11 AM

I've been playing The Sims 3 a lot lately. I've been thinking about getting expansions and not sure which ones are good to get. Some look like they could add a lot of great, new content to play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users